Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bon Vonyage!

I cannot believe how fast time passes.  Ironically, time is one of the most consistent things in our lives.  Yet, sometimes we find it to be "flying" while other times it "stands still".  For me right now, time is flying because there are only 5 hours until I leave to Togo!  I am a bit anxious, but I have peace in my heart.  This peace comes from realizing that no matter where I go, as long as I am following God's Word, He will be with me.

This particular thought is on my mind because of a woman from church who came up to me, hugged me, and told me to never forget that "Dumnezeu este cu tine" (God is with you).  She said to never fear or doubt God because He will be with me.  We tend to create so many unnecessary and unhealthy fears in our life.  Generally, the root of our fears is the unknown, more specifically the way we perceive the unknown.  Think about it.  Any future plans/unknowns you are worried about? Jobs? Family? Money? I could go on and on.  These fears and worries stem from not knowing what will happen.  However, our reaction to the unknown defines our belief and behavior.  If we have unknowns which cause fear and worry we are actually saying that we have a powerless and unloving God whom we cannot trust.  If we have unknowns and remember that God is with us, we are revived, strengthened, and have peace.

Leaving SF! Good bye home!

For me, a huge unknown begins in 5 hours, where I will encounter new countries, cultures, languages, religions and food :)  I have peace in my heart though because of what I know to be true; that is that I serve the Creator of the Universe, the Almighty, All-powerful, All-Knowing, and loving God.  Why should I worry or fear? There is no reason to fear because He has overcome the world, and He has promised to be with his children.  Thank you Jesus!

So as you go throughout your day today, keep your head up and remember God is with you when you follow His ways, and you are victorious because of Him!  
Alright, time for some sleep or nap, whichever one it technically is at this point :) Au revoir...


Be Blessed!


Isaiah 41:12
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment